ACT Playgroups Association venues in Cook, Mawson and Lanyon are available for use seven days a week, on a first come first served basis. They may be hired by current financial members of ACT Playgroups Association as a member benefit for birthday parties or similar events. They are also available to commercial organisations who are running classes, workshops or similar that will benefit our members and as agreed to by the Executive Officer.
- Fees are currently $25.00 per hour.
(Note: Registered playgroups are not charged hourly, but on a per family/per term basis. Contact us for more information.)
- Payment for one off hire is required in advance. An invoice can be supplied if required.
- For ongoing hire, you will be invoiced each school term when our regular playgroups are charged.
- Full use of the venue including microwave, change table, tea and coffee making facilities
- Use of equipment and toys
- Supplies of cleaning products, toilet paper etc.
You will be required to pay a deposit of $100. Provided the venue has been left in a clean and tidy state as required by the hire contract, the deposit will be refunded to you at the end of your hire period.
ACT Playgroups does not provide insurance cover for your event / party / group / class / meeting.
- For one off hire, we recommend that you check with your own insurance company to make sure you are covered on this occasion.
- For ongoing hire, you will be expected to supply us with a certificate of currency of your insurance coverage (to an amount of $20 million).