PlayFest is the ACT Playgroups’ annual festival of fun for families with children under school age. Together with a raft of community organisations, government agencies, sporting bodies, and businesses, ACT Playgroups provides families with information and a taste of some of the many children’s activities available in the ACT.
PlayFest occurs annually on the Tuesday of Children’s Week (October). This major activity attracts over 1500 people each year. Will you be part of the fun?
In October 2017 we will be celebrating our 17th annual PlayFest!
If your organisation is interested in having a stall at this event please be sure to let us know so we can add you to our invite list.
When: Tuesday 24 October 2017.
Time: 10am – 1pm
Place: Cook Community Hub
Who: Families with children birth to 5 years of age
What: The following organisations will be attending the 2017 event –
- ACT Bilingual Education Alliance
- ACT Health
- ACT Playgroups
- ACT Together
- Aqua Harmony Pty Ltd
- Asthma Foundation ACT
- Australian Breastfeeding Association
- Belconnen Community Services
- Belconnen Fire Station (emergencies permitting)
- Belconnen Lyons Club
- Bellchambers Music School
- Bell’s Amusements Merry-go-round
- Blue Gum Playgroup
- Bunduluk Bush Playgroup
- Canberra Preschool Society
- Cancer Council ACT
- Child Development and Family Programs
- Children’s Book Council of Australia, ACT Branch
- Close To My Heart, Anne Patterson Independent Consultant
- Coaching Mum
- Communities@Work FDC
- Community Services #1
- Curves Belconnen
- Dendy Cinemas
- Epilepsy ACT
- Folk Dance Canberra
- Funland Canberra
- Georgina Josephine Foundation
- Ginninderra Little Athletics
- Joey’s Playgroup
- Kenny Koala
- Kids Football Club
- Kids Theme Party Hire
- Kidsafe ACT
- Larry Brandy, Indigenous Storyteller
- Libraries ACT
- Leaps and Bounds Paediatric Physiotherapy
- Libraries ACT
- Little Toes, Bibs and Bows
- Mollie B, Storyteller
- National Zoo and Aquarium
- Nature Play CBR
- Noah’s Ark Farm and Petting Zoo
- North Belconnen Community Association
- Petite Physique
- Pharmacy Guild ACT
- Priority First Aid Training
- Ready Steady Go Kids
- SDN Children’s Services
- Shotclock Espresso
- Southern Cross Early Childhood School
- St Francis Xavier College student volunteers
- St John Ambulance Australia
- Sticks and Stones Nature Playgroup
- Uniting Care Kippax
- YWCA Family Day Care Playgroup
Parking can be an issue so you may prefer to car pool with other families.
There is very limited parking in the car park off Templeton Street with more available in the car park behind the Community Hub that can be reached off Ellis Street.
Please do NOT park in the Westminster Presbyterian Church parking lot as the Church is holding its own function that day.
Other parking is available at:
- the Cook shops,
- on the surrounding streets:
- Templeton Street
- Rowan Street
- Ellis Street
- Biffin Street (across the oval from the community hub).
Please be considerate of others when parking and don’t block driveways or other access points.
Bus route #40 goes past the Cook Community Hub.