Associated Playgroup Venues
There are several venues currently available where playgroups can/do meet on a regular basis. These venues have their own management team, but are associated with the ACT Playgroups family and playgroup members are required to hold ACT Playgroups membership in order to be covered by insurance while using the venue.
Many of these venues do birthday party hire as well. For more information, please contact the venue directly.
Kambah – Theiss Cottage – Reynell Place, Kambah is managed by the Kambah Playgroups Association volunteer committee. This custom-fitted playgroup venue offers:
- A safe, softfall-covered outdoor play area with sandpit, climbing structure, tricycles, scooters, balls and plenty of outside toys
- An indoor toyroom with cubby-house, climbing gym, toys, dress-ups, library and musical instruments
- A fully-stocked craft area
- A child-sized bathroom for the kids and a separate bathroom for adults
- Changetables, bouncers and high-chairs
- Comfortable chairs for breastfeeding
- A secure kitchen area with microwave, fridge, oven and tea and coffee making facilities
For contact details for the Kambah Playgroup Association please contact us.
Chapman – Weston Creek Playgroup Room – corner Gavin Place and Perry Drive, Chapman is managed by the Weston Creek Playgroup Association volunteer committee. This custom-fitted venue offers:
- a fenced outdoor play space
- a large, safe indoor space with lots of toys, puzzles, books, etc
- a kitchen area
Contact Weston Creek Playgroups Association for more information.
Giralang – Community Centre – 1 Hirst Place, Giralang is managed by a team of volunteers.
This volunteer run community group organises weekly playgroups, playschool for children 3-4 years of age, and offers the hall for party hire (kids’ birthday parties), as well as to groups who are interested in community based activities. There is a bus stop at the door, and ample parking spots as well.
Contact the Giralang committee for more information about this venue.