Playgroup is an informal session where parents, carers, babies and children aged birth to school age come together in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Playgroup gives children an opportunity to:
- have fun,
- make new friends, and
- develop new skills through informal play.
Playgroup provides parents and carers with:
- an opportunity to meet other parents and carers,
- make friends, and
- share ideas and experiences.
Playgroup also allows parents and carers to:
- spend quality time with their children,
- encouraging, helping or simply playing with their children.
- run by, and for the parents who attend.
- usually held once a week for a two hour session,
- held in a variety of venues such as church halls, community and neighbourhood centres, Scout or Guide halls, schools and in people’s homes.
Playgroups are located throughout the ACT: there’s probably a Playgroup just up the street from you!