At ACT Playgroups we strive to create cooking activities that involve the whole family.
National Chocolate Cupcake day
Cooking with kids helps boosts their development. Cooking tasks help develop necessary academic, cognitive and motor skills. There are days when I’m more eager to let them help than others. However, I see the benefits of their time spent in the kitchen.
- 200g butter
- 200g Plain chocolate
- 200g Brown sugar
- 2 Beaten eggs
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 250g Self-rising flour
- Sprinkles, to decorate
For the icing
- 200g Plane chocolate
- 100ml Double cream, not fridge-cold
- 50g Icing Sugar
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan
- Line a 12-hole muffin tin with cases
- Melt the butter, chocolate, sugar and 100ml hot water together in a large saucepan, stirring occasionally, set aside to cool
- Stir the eggs and vanilla into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Place flour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Spoon into Cupcake cases, bake for 20-22mins. Leave to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, in the microwave
- Once melted, stir in the double cream and sift in the icing sugar.
- Decorate and add sprinkles