Professional staff are employed to plan, implement and evaluate support services to ACT Playgroups.
Support services include:
- Visits to established playgroups;
- Assistance in establishing new playgroups;
- Support and training to volunteer contacts of Playgroups;
- Referring interested members of the public to Playgroups;
- Obtaining and administering grants for special projects which benefit Playgroup children and their carers;
- Negotiating with organisations for new venues or changes to venue hire conditions;
- Developing publications for Playgroups;
- Facilitating Playgroups for families with children with additional needs;
- Maintaining the office, including the membership and Playgroups database, website, Facebook page, etc.; and
- Organising special promotions and events.
Call the office during opening hours to contact the following people:
- President Eric Chalmers
- Executive Officer Kirsten Cross
- Administration Manager Francine Davis
- Finance Officer Susan Jeffs
- Playgroup Support Manager Debra Evans
- Playgroup Development Manager Fiona Jarvis
- Development & Support Worker Sue Pye
- Development & Support Worker Matthew Armstrong
- Development & Support Worker Lorraine Robertson
- Administration Officer and Development & Support Worker Kye Merton.