Family membership covers individual members within a family group, i.e parents and children.
Many playgroups in the ACT require that all members attending their group, must join the ACT Playgroups Association. While it is not a requirement at other groups, it is still recommended. One of the membership benefits is the provision of personal accident insurance for all registered members of the family, both at playgroup and on playgroup excursions. At under $1 per week, membership will give you peace of mind, should the unthinkable happen.
As well as insurance there are many other member’s benefits which are outlined here.
One adult of the family will become the member (usually the mother or father), but other family members who regularly take the child(ren) to playgroup should also be registered as part of the membership. This includes grandparents, as well as au pairs/nannies, etc.
All children who attend playgroup will also need to be listed in order to be covered by insurance, so remember to give us the details of any children born during the membership year! Family Day Care providers can also be covered by a family membership providing they list all the children they are responsible for as part of their membership.
If you change playgroups or start attending additional playgroups during the currency of your membership please advise the office so we can keep your family record up to date. Similarly if you move house or change any of your contact details such as telephone or email – please let us know – we haven’t yet mastered our mind reading powers!
Important notes – Membership:
- is not refundable
- is transferable to another state
- is annual only – no part year membership is available
- expires on the first day of the following month, one year later. For example, if you join on 12th June 2017, your membership will expire on 1st July 2018.
- renewal is made from the expiry date, not from the date it is actually renewed. This is to preserve insurance coverage
- covers only those members listed on the record so it is important to keep us informed as to any additional children or family members who are attending playgroup.
To join ACT Playgroups, please fill in the Family Membership form.