Children’s Week is a great opportunity to showcase, promote and celebrate the work you do for children and young people. This year, ACT Children’s Week will be held from 21-29 October.
Small grants up to $200 are available to help organise and promote your activities for Children’s Week. It would be wonderful to see as many Playgroups as possible apply. Some ideas for events include:
- Hold a special Children’s Week morning tea at Playgroup and invite new mums, dads, grandparents and children to enjoy it
- Open Day – Have an open day at your playgroup and invite families in the community to see and enjoy your playgroup
- Special Persons Day—have each playgroup member invite a special person to share playgroup
- Nature: Take your playgroup out into the bush and have a “Back to Nature Playgroup”
- Have a teddy bears picnic
- Cultural Sharing Day – Ask families to bring food from their country of origin to share with playgroup. Invite visitors. Share multicultural activities. Encourage families to share stories about their culture.
Grant applications close on 28 August 2017.
The ACT Children’s Week committee also offers awards to those who make contributions to children and young people in their community. In the playgroup context this might be your playgroup contact or other special volunteer. Consider who in your playgroup might be worthy of an acknowledgement of their hard work and nominate them now for an award. Nominations close 11 September 2017.